Starting February 2021, 3rd year students looking for an internship and DAE alumni can follow the two games a month incubator: a 24-week game development program. People who get selected for this program are getting coached in the art of fast game prototyping all while getting to know the game industry a lot better during weekly inspiration and expert sessions.
Organized by game technology accelerator DAE Studios: Why are we doing this?
Making it big in the game tech industry, entertainment or applied, is certainly a challenge. There are many hurdles to overcome as a young developer with limited experience:
• Working on projects and teams in a commercial setting
• Building a community for your games and learning how to develop a game with your end user in mind
• Running through a full game production cycle without losing months' worth of resources
• Creating the right business model, finding the funds,..
Often the problem is in the mindset of the ambitious game developers: ‘This is my dream project, I will develop it right away and make a fortune’. Having never run through the full game production cycle – from ideation to release – starting such a project will most probably take way too long to develop and end up in a failure.
We’re looking for three profiles. You will like this program if you are a/an:
- 2D/3D Artist, designer, developer, animator or sound designer who's interested in the indie game dev scene
- Future entrepreneur in the game development scene (IGP)
- Alumni who want to start their own company