Apply Now

arrow down



Make sure you are well informed about DAE and know what challenges lie ahead! Check out the following first:




Are you an INTERNATIONAL student or a Belgian student with an INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA?

Follow the instructions for international applications as described here.




Step 1 is for your pre-registration with Howest. This online registration will help ensure your final registration runs smoothly. In order to pre-register, you will need your electronic identity card and several documents. Don't have all the requested documents yet? No problem, you can upload them later when you finalise your registration.


Step 2 is your final registration. this can be completed online or at the student secretariat on campus from June 27th.


Contact details and opening hours for the student secretariats 




From Saturday, June 27th, you can complete your final registration. This can be done online or by appointment at the student secretariat (every working day).



  • Open your online registratie and check whether all necessary documents have been uploaded.
  • Are all your documents in order? Now put together your study programme and sign it. After which your file will then be processed and checked by Howest. Only then will your contract, the request for payment of the tuition fees and any additional study costs be delivered electronically.



  • Would you rather make your final registration at the student secretariat? Make sure you have uploaded all the necessary documents first. To do this, open your online registration. 
  • Are all your documents in order? Then make an appointment at one of the campus. During your appointment, your contract will be drawn up and you can pay the tuition fees and any additional study costs on site by Bancontact.




Those who want to enrol in a bachelor's programme, must have obtained at least a Flemish secondary education diploma or HBO5. Direct enrolment is also possible with a Dutch VWO and MBO level 4 diploma.


Students with a different (foreign) secondary education diploma can register if their diploma offers access to the university in the country where they obtained their diploma and if they meet the language requirements included in the education and examination regulations. First, send an email to to check whether your diploma is eligible. If this is the case, you will receive a certificate of admission with which you can register.


Those who wish to enrol in a graduate programme can do so with a secondary education diploma, but also with a certificate from the second year of third grade BSO that was obtained at least 3 years ago.


Anyone who does not meet these conditions will still be given the opportunity to register via an admission test. There are special procedures for the admission examination.


If you want to enrol in a bachelor's education programme, you must first take the Primary Education, Secondary Education, Nursery Education entry test.