CreaWeek is back! After 3 years of pandemics and lockdowns, we could finally organise our year Creativity week for our students. The campus is filled with 4 days of creative workshops, Game and Film jams, Pecha Kucha talks, networking events, and even a visit to the famous Playgrounds Festival in Eindhoven, NL.
We had so much fun! It was truly a great experience for the students and all the staff here at DAE.
Check out our aftermovie and some images from the event!
Here are the cool topics our students could follow as workshops:
- VRV RACK - Introduction to modular synthesis
- Analogue Graphic Technique - Lino cutting
- Terrain Building for Tabletop Games
- Isometric Pixel Art
- Alternative Input Devices
- Introduction to Blender
- Sculpting with plasteline clay
- Sketchbook binding
- Gotta Crochet'em ALL!
- Garbage papier mache art
- Plein Air Painting
- Introduction to Motion Capture using Optitrack
- Introduction to Deepfakes
- Pixel Art Animation
- So you want to create your own programming language... Eh??
- Mini Comic made from one sheet of paper
- Making Plushies & Stop motion
- Lockpicking and Cheating at cards
- Explosives and Embergen
- A taste of acting
- 3D Printing
- Miniature Siege weapons
- Self defence for dummies (Karate initiation)
- Fusion 360: Intro
- The silent studio
- Audio Assets 101
- Minting & listing NFT's
Super cool, right?
ALL THE AWESOME GAMES THAT WERE MADE DURING THE GAME JAM CHECK IT OUT HERE. You can download them and play them from itch.io!
If you are interested in any other games made by our students, check out the DAE itch.io page!
On Thursday and Friday, we visited Playgrounds!!!!